Posted: February 28, 2022
Medical marijuana can offer relief from chronic pain and other debilitating health issues. You don’t have to smoke cannabis flower to enjoy the benefits of this natural alternative to traditional pharmaceuticals. Here are six ways to use medical cannabis without reaching for your lighter:
- Vaporizers: Vaporizers, also known as vape pens, are a popular method of consuming cannabis. Some models heat the cannabis flower to create a vapor without reaching the point of combustion. Others heat oil cartridges. Inhalation is a fast-acting method of administration.
- Concentrates: There are various types of concentrates on the market. Some options come in syringes for convenient dosing. These concentrates can be used for vaporization or ingested. Concentrates can also contain more cannabinoids than other products, which may be beneficial.
- Edibles: Many patients enjoy edibles because they are convenient, discreet, and have a pleasant taste. Edibles are available in the form of lozenges, baked goods, drink powders, and more. You can read our complete guide to cannabis edibles in Florida for more information.
- Capsules: Sometimes called orals, capsules are essentially cannabis oil contained in small shells made of cellulose or other materials. Capsules are a no-fuss way to consume MMJ.
- Tinctures: Tinctures are liquid extracts. They usually come in a dropper bottle. You can take them in drop form under your tongue. Tinctures can also be mixed into various drinks and foods.
- Topicals: Topicals are available in the form of balms, lotions, and patches. There are THC, CBD, and hybrid products. Topical balms are thought to provide rapid relief for localized pain.
Find Your Perfect MMJ Delivery Method
The world of medical marijuana can be difficult for beginners to navigate. Fortunately, our state-licensed physicians are very familiar with all of the different ways to use MMJ in Florida. They can tell you what delivery method(s) will work best for your unique needs and lifestyle.
Call 727-209-5470 today to schedule your initial evaluation visit at Access Marijuana RX. We issue recommendations for patients from St. Petersburg and other nearby areas of Florida.